Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Where Are the Chips?

So Matt, Rachel and I decided to go out for drinks last night. We wanted Margaritas and Matt wanted fajitas. So of course we went to La Cucaracha. Who doesn't want to eat at a place called the Cockroach??? Actually its good food, I just always thought that it was a pretty poor name choice.

Anyway, we get our table and look at the menu and Rachel leans over and says, "Yeah I heard about this place, the make you pay for chips!" It was as if there was this hushed rumor going around about the Mexican restaurant that made you pay for chips. "$1.25!" Rachel says. "For chips!" You could tell this chip thing was a pretty big deal. But we enjoyed our drinks, Matt's fajitas were good, my tacos were decent, and Rae had spicy soup. On the way out Rae reignited her chip argument. "Seriouisly, who charges for chips? They should be standing there with a basket when you walk in the door."

Sh has a point. Chips and salsa are part of the Mexican restaurant experience. Most places to give em away. I'm not sure if a man with a basket at the door is necessary, I be ok with a fresh basket at my table, but Rachel expects more of her Mexican restaraunts. But really, when you get right down to it, if you're gonna eat at The Cockroach, the least they could do is give you free chips.

3 comments:

Jean. said...

So, I made a comment on your last post, but it didn't work.

Here's what it said:

I think you should give your blog an Irish name...like...

O'Brien's O'Blog.

And then I assumed that you'd want to kill me for this comment.

C-Lover said...

Damn right the chips should be free!!! Free and bottomless (and topless if possible).

Shan said...

No Jean, I like it...I think I'll test it out