Friday, September 23, 2005

The Heart of the Matter is...Denny (Mark)

C-Lover, I know you don't give a "rat's pituitary" (did you mean patootie?) about the MMC, but last night's events require an entry.

Matt and I were going to call it an early night until we saw Denny. Yes, I know his name is Mark and I'm not sure how we got Denny out of that, but he will always be Denny to us. Well, after Matt and I saw that Denny was there, we knew we couldn't leave til after Heart of the Matter. And it was definitely worth waiting out the 1/2 hour long set break. (This is after Tony was on stage looking for the rest of the band...I'm sure there was "band stuff" going on). So yes, Denny is back in all his glory. His mic was on and he was in rare form, including the scream/yell at the end of the song. Jean, you missed a fine performance. This performance was only enhanced by Smokey and Ryan's reactions to Denny. It's obvious they missed his musical stylings as much as we did.

Just a couple of quick things: The woman who will now be know as "the Rave" was there. Jean you might remember her from the Rush as the woman who was pressing her ear up to the amps. She's a freak. She had on more glow necklaces, bracelets, and sticks than you could...shake a glow stick at. There was also some weird guy sketching Tony and Dave in charcoals while reading the City Pages. I'm convinced he's a court artist and is perhaps just practicing for future trials. Still a bit strange.

See you next week!

2 comments:

C-Lover said...

No, I meant pituitary.

The MMC is okay. I'm just jealous that you have interesting things to blog about. And that I have idea who any of those people are.

Did you know that the place where we have chorus rehearsal here is call the MCC? And the characters there are probably just as entertaining. I should start paying more attension so I have something to blog about.

Jean. said...

So, I was just glancing at the TSB website to see what was new.

Guess what's new? Come November, they have 2 gigs booked at the Half Time.

WE ARE SO GOING. I just reread your Irish Pub night blog. Oh, we are so going.

And next (next) Friday, they are playing according to the MMC website "due to popular demand." Yeah, I could do 2 nights of TSB.