Thursday, September 08, 2005

I "heart" California

I have returned to rainy Minnesota after a week in wonderfully sunny California.

I was out there for a week visiting my friend Henry and we had an amazing time. I'll keep this entry short since I'll be doing a picture blog of the trip soon...I'm just waiting on getting Henry's pictures since his turned out beautiful and mine pale in comparison. But, since he's all high tech editing guy, it might take a while til i get the edited versions of them.

But, Henry and I had a great week.

At Dave and Busters, I beat all the guys at skee ball.


We went to the Wild Animal Park and saw a ton of really cool animals...and I fed a giraffe! Again...pictures to come, but here's a couple for now...
this lemur was just hangin' out.
lots of elephants...and a baby!
the lions slept in this Land Rover...it was pretty cute.

We also went to the Aquarium of the Pacific...a favorite of the WSU forensics team. I pet many bat rays and sharks and a fat little Asian kid pushed me over, which Henry found very amusing.


At the Getty museum...
I got to see some beautiful paintings including one of Monet's Rouen Cathedral paintings.

All of these great activities were followed by eating a ton of great food thatw as not at all good for me...hopefully i was able to work it all off...after all, we did a lot of walking!

Well, that'll be it for now...but there will be more pictures soon!

1 comment:

C-Lover said...

If I would have been there you would have had some Ski Ball competition!!! But way to emasculate the Cali boys!

P.S. I bet that Monet was beautiful in person. Remeber the water lillies in St. Louis?