Tuesday, August 23, 2005

I would like to welcome Dave Burkart to my Blog

Well, shit! Jean and I thought we were being so cautious, but perhaps Dave's brother is a search engine genius because as it turns out...he's found my blog. I can only imagine the look of sheer terror and embarassment on my face as Dave came up to me saying, "Hey! I found your website!" I look at Jean and her face is saying what i'm thinking: "Shit, fuck, oh god, this can't be good, lets get out of here." But Dave graciaously talked about how funny it was that we call their "psycho #2" Slutzilla. I'm glad he brought that up rather than continue discussing how i once (mistakenly) called him "chubby" in a cowboy hat (which he's not) or how I pretty much love it any time he plays Yesterday because its one of my favorite songs and Istarted requesting it MONTHS ago.

So, since Dave was such a good sport about the ridiculous things i've said in this blog, and because of regret and embarassmane that I'm currently feeling, I think I owe some explanations. Jean I'm borrowing your list format since i think that is best suited for the number of ridiculous things we've said/done over the last 11 months of hearing the TSB.

- firstly, as Jean also mentions, we aren't psycho...I promise. We happily stumbled upon Thursday nights at the cafe. And Rachel, Matt and I, pleasantly stumbled upon Dave at Keegan's because of our Monday Irish Pub Night.

-I freely admit that we've sort of become groupies. We love coming to hear the great music and stories (I can't count the number of times I've practically spit on the two steppers during "story time with Tony"), and we love the people watching at the MMC.

-speaking of people watching...glad you like the Slutzilla title...Barbie's Grandma is another favorite, as is Shoeless. If you're looking for a name for us...Jean and I figured it might be "chubby girls on the rail" but we're not sure we really wanna know what you might call us.

-Tony, we love the creative lyrics you use: stick in the back door, if you love me...you'll let me do all sorts of stuff to you, you smell nice...feel tight. Yes, we notice and we love them.

-Dave you don't look chubby in cowboy hats...and i'm the last person who should talk.
-Tony, i know i make fun of the white leather jacket, but it works on you.
-Smokey, thanks for talking to us after doing "band stuff"...you saved us (unknowingly) from creepy guys at Bogarts
-Ryan, we like the faces you make.

-So, thanks for being understanding. If you've dug through the archives, you've read things that I'm not proud of, but I hope they've at least made you laugh. We're really excited about the new record deal and can't wait to hear more. We'll continue to be there every Thursday night possible cuz we love your music, love the MMC and the crazy people who are there, and love our Bud Lights...

Til next Thursday,
~one of your gilrs on the rail

1 comment:

C-Lover said...

I still think that you guys are psyco stakers!!!