Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Smokey Jr. meets Smokey D

So, Jean, just to update you on the goings on at the MMC last week:
Smokey Jr. (Dan from Fuji Ya) joined us. I have a feeling he'll be back. The wine drinkers eat at Fuji Ya often and told Dan he had a twin, so Matt and I got him to meet us at the MMC after work. He and Smokey met and think they look nothing alike. Sorry guys...we're not trying to pigeon hole you or anything, but you do look pretty similar! But anyway, Matt, Rae, Dan, and the wine drinkers spent the night drinking and dancing. A lot of drinking and dancing. The wine drinkers bought us shots and dragged on the dance floor. Mr. Wine Drinker was spinning me around like crazy...it was fun...until he tried to make me dance with George. Now George (with his cigarettes rolled up in his sleeve a la The Outsiders) is a great dancer. Very talented, but a little creepy. After Rae danced with him a few times he started asking her out and stuff...and he was more than a little grabby with the other dancers last week. I thought it best for me not to dance with him given I can't dance and don't want to be groped by George.
But Jean, it was a good night. The band was great, the cigarettes (I'm ashamed) were a welcomed addition, and there were encores aplenty. Tony once again reminded me that he erads the blogs and as he gave me the "rock star hug" (the hug given to groupies) he told me to "keep rockin' baby". I will Tony, I will.

1 comment:

Jean. said...

Goddammit all to hell, I always miss the good nights.

Hopefully, George will, uh...never ask me to dance. Gulp.

What's the rock star hug? Is it why you "keep rockin', baby?"