Saturday, December 17, 2005

Can I actually come up with 15 things?

1. I always try to wear matching bra and panties. (1a: I hate the word panties). I'm not sure why I want to match them since no one sees me in my underwear on a regualr basis. But sometimes I think, for example, that if I end up in the emergency room or something, people might notice.

2. I hate myself for not being able to drive. When I'm in a car I look around at all people driving and hate them for their lack of fear.

3. When I was born I had a birth mark, but it faded when I was a kid and is no longer visible. It was a purpleish star shape on my butt.

4. I have a small mole on my left arm shaped like West Virginia.

5. I dance backstage to the music of every show I've worked on...one good thing about Christmas of Swing...good music for dancin'.

6. One of my favorite movie is Gone With the Wind

7. I envy thin women, but I don't want to be as thin as them. I'm jealous of their metabolism, but I like being a curvy woman.

8. I never read The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn in high school when I was supposed to. When my favorite teacher told me he was disappointed that I hadn't read it...I cried.

9. I like turbulance when I'm flying...especially that quick movement that feels funny in your lower abdomen. Ryan do you remember..."That was a good one!" whenever we'd fly?

10. I could spend jail time in Texas or Alabama for some things I own.

11. I used to love writing poetry but stopped because I thought they weren't any good and because someone once agreed with me when I said that.

12. I don't want a diamond engagement ring

13. When I was a kid and we used to go camping I refused to use the outhouses near our campsites. I would walk (even in he middle of the night) all the way to the flush toilets in the campground. I was scared a daddy long legs was going to crawl on my or that something would bite my butt.

14. My favorite word is salsa. It's like a party in your mouth!

15. In college I was really proud to be one of the only girls who really worked. It was always me and the guys hanging all the lights and climbing ladders and using tools. I loved working strike and being one of the few women who could use power tools and carry the heavy things. Girl techies are awesome!

3 comments:

Jean. said...

Shannon, I wish you still had a purple star on your butt. That'd be awesome.

I didn't know that you stopped writing poems, and this makes me sad. I made you a Shan's poetry journal! (And, to be honest, I'm scared that the person you are referring to is me, like we had some sort of miscommunication about something. Because I like your poems, and I wish you were still writing, even if you don't want to show me.)

I think that you forgot a couple thngs about your decivious childhood, ahem: like you told your brother really mean things and he believed you...remember, we talked about it at Thanksgiving...did't you tell him he was adopted or something? Little evil Shannon.

C-Lover said...

I really liked your list, Shannon. I agree with Jean that you should continue writing poetry (even though I know why you stopped). Writing poetry is supposed to help you. Who cares if anyone else likes it? You know I will always love to read anything you right (unless it is about me).

Anskov said...

Girl techies are awesome! I always got along with them best.

Your list rocks!