Monday, December 19, 2005

Reasons Why I Was a Great Older Sister

Well, Jean's comment on my list suggested that I write about a few more things. When I was a kid my little brother and I were sorta close. There weren't too many kids in our neighborhood early on, so sometimes I made up little games. One game was "what can I get Patrick to believe?" Here's some things I convinced him were true:

-That we won him at the state fair. More specifically at the balloon popping/dart game. Naturally we traded up for him. You don't win such a large prize right away. You have to go through the giant come, ugly teddy bear with crooked eyes, and life size Scooby-Doo first. Then you get yourself a baby brother. He was convinced and he cried.

-I told him that when he scratched his head he was actually touching his brain. Not sure how I came up with that one but it worked like a charm. I had him convinced that there was no skull at the top of your head...just scalp. So when he was touching the top of his head he was actually poking his brain.

-once he asked me what his pancreas was and where it was. I told him it was in his knee (i think that's what I said). He stared at his knee for quite some time that day.

-i told him that cottage cheese felt like you were chewing fish eyes (really that's how i feel). He still can't eat cottage cheese to this day.

That's all I can think of right now. I'm sure I scarred him in other ways too, just can't remember...after all it was just a game! God being a big sister was great!

4 comments:

C-Lover said...

You are so cruel!!! But I did similar things to my young brother and sister and it is fun.

Jean. said...

He he.

I'd probably fall for those things too.
I mean like, today. Not when I was little. What have you lied to me about, Shan?

Chad said...

This was HILARIOUS. I think I even glanced at my knee when I read about your brother's pancreas.

C-Lover said...

Please post pictures of the cookies you are making today!