Monday, November 14, 2005

Boys Come From the Stupid Factory

So we now know that Colin disappointed me, but I’ve come to the conclusion that in the last week, most of the men in my life have completely sucked. If you are a man who has not annoyed me, then I apologize for the sweeping generalizations that are about to follow.

In the last week I have been through the following things:

- after telling someone I got them the perfect gift, he killed my high by telling me that he can’t get me anything and that I should just hold off on giving the gift.

- when I told the potential recipient that I was upset about his reaction, I ended up apologizing for being upset regarding the above incident.
- I have been woken up at 3am by a phone call from an excited guy
- more than once I have been reduced to a sniffling crying girl
- I have been woken up at 6am by a phone call from a scared boy
- I have been snapped at for being worried about someone’s well-being despite have just cause
- I have been ignored when I wanted to talk about things
- when I didn’t have things to talk about I felt like I was disappointing the person who asked
- phone calls have not been returned
- I have decided that men generally suck and that I should try not to be angry at them for it…instead I should ignore it until they come around.


Once again, I apologize for any unfair generalizations or accusations, I'm just a bit frustrated with the...frustrating sex. A HUGE thank you to the boy who apologized and made me feel better about situations 1-3.

4 comments:

Jean. said...

Oh dear God. I think our #2s are about different boys, but about the same thing. I SO TOTALLY UNDERSTAND WHAT THIS FRICKING FEELS LIKE. HOLY SHIT.

Ew. Our #2s are the same.

Dear Shannon,

I agree with everything you have to say.

Love,
Jean

C-Lover said...

I feel that posts like these should be journaled about and not posted. Blogs are got for venting frustrations. But when you know that one of the persons you are talking about will read your words...it just seems rather harsh and very skewed.

In short: Raw emotion towards fellow bloggers should not be posted (I personally learned this lesson).

But these are just my thoughts.

Shan said...

Hmmm...interesting. You've put some rather harsh words in your blogs. I think blogs are for expressing feelings. Not just entertainment. And if you have a problem with anything written in someone's blog I think you should feel free to talk to them about it.
PS-Its not necessarily about you. In fact...all of them apply to someone else. You're not the only guy in my life.

C-Lover said...

I know that I'm not the only guy in your life. And as I stated, I learned the hard way how you can hurt people by what you write about them.

But just forget that I said anything. I know that it doesn't matter.