Friday, October 21, 2005

Working hard for the money

So this is gonna be kinda rambling....
I promise I'll get to the latest Tony Sims blog soon, but I need to vent about this....not that anyone but Ryan and Jean read it.....

Today is October 21. I worked a 13 hour day today. I'm tired. I thought I had Monday off. I've been looking forward to Monday. I was wrong. I do not have Monday off. I'm crabby about this. I'm working 1 if not 2 jobs everyday for the next 12 days. Then, I have 2 days off, but they are going to be packed with "Jean and Shannon's Fall weekend of fun". Now I'm absolutely looking forward to those two days, but yo ucan undersand how they aren't gonna be relaxing days off. (Ryan we need a nap day so bad!!!!!) So really, the next time I have an actual DAY OFF is Thursday November 3rd. As it is, I've not had a day of since October 12th. That's too long! Granted, some of those days were only 4 hour shift, but the majority of them were 8-12 hour days! Even though none of the jobs pay too well, I shouldn't complain. I have made enough to pay off my credit cards, pay extra on my student loans, and start saving some money again, but I'm tired. And more so, I'm tired of having 3 jobs (2 of which I really like) and still not making a liveable wage. I need to come up with a new career plan...anyone got any ideas???? I'll take 'em!

Ok....crabby "no time off" rant is over. Here's to a work weekend of musical rehearsals, Garrison Keillor, and serving booze! (At least no Marshall Fields til Monday!)

1 comment:

C-Lover said...

Lord do we ever need a nap day!!!

What about becoming a stripper? They make get money! The hogs would love the attension. Okay, bad idea...but I am just trying to help.

For the record, I would still be your friend if you were a stripper. I would even come to your "Shows" if I were in town.