Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Mr. Fancy

Have you seen this man?

I have.

My mom and i were at Pat McGoverns...a great Irish pub in downtown St. Paul for lunch on Sunday. We had a good lunch which also included a not so good bloody mary. But anyway, on with the story. On our way out I was stopped dead in my tracks by the man pictured above.

I know that it is a fairly feeble attempt at an artists rendition of this man (known as Mr. Fancy) but picture this if you will: A 70 year old man dressed in his sunday best. And by sunday best I mean a lycra leotard with a black shirt underneath. You will notice that this leotard is hot pink with balck pinstripes. Pinstripes are "in" this season. I couldn't help but be amazed at this ensemble. I grabbed my mom's arm at did the "clenched mouth whisper" Come. You need to see this. "oh!" That's all she could say..."oh". Oh indeed Mr. Fancy. Oh indeed.

Really...there's nothing more to say other than I wish i had a camera at that moment. The picture would say it all.

3 comments:

Jean. said...

I assume that Mr. Fancy will be at the MMC this evening.

I'll bring my camera just in case. Based on our track record, he should be there.

C-Lover said...

The picture of Mr. Fancy turned out fantastic!!! You can't just let a thing like that happen and not share it with the world (even if it is just an arist rendition).

BTW, the word verification now is "urrjdub" which may have been the sound I would have made had I seen Mr. Fancy myself!

L-Kapitan said...

Ummm...should I be worried that someone out there is dangerously close to stealing my beloved "Fancy Pants" name I worked so hard to get? Hmm?

Lancey "Fancy Pants"