Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Bongo the Rooster

Reason number 213 why I love my job: Bongo the rooster.

(A picture will soon be added)

That's correct, in my highly prestigious job (where I make $175.00 a week), I now get to take care of a rooster. In the current production of Fireball (which is actually a very beautiful show...you should come) there is a live chicken. So, we procured a chicken from the co-writer's hippie friend. Actually we have 2 chickens (apparently they're very social animals). So we have the actor chicken who has been named bongo (apparently in rehearsal, bongos were the stand in for the chicken) and we have Bongo's friend, Spot (who is actually stripped...don't ask)

Now initially Bongo was going to be Stage Left...thank god...since I'm stage right. Plus I'm already running the revolving stage, fog, and 3,000,000 costume changes in a 5'x5'' space. So have time/room for a chicken??? No. Although neither does the Stage Left ASM. Well, much to my joy last night, I found out that Bongo will indeed be living on my side of the stage, which means I'm the one who has to keep him from crowing during the show...which he likes to do. So Bongo and I sat down to have a chat:
Shannon: Listen Bongo, if we're gonna be friends, or at least co-workers, we have to compromise.
Bongo: Buck (head bob)
Shannon: If you promise to keep it down backstage, I promise not to drop your cage when I'm carrying you up the stairs.
Bongo: Buck-gock (head bob)
Shannon: Fine, I also promise to change the papers in your cage so you don't have to lie in your own poo.
Bongo: Buc-Buck-Bugock (head bob, leg kick)
Shannon: Ok, I also promise that the BBQ chicken and grill props are never in the same room as you.
Bongo: Bu-Bu-Bu Cock!!! (ruffles feathers)
Shannon: I'll take that as a deal.

So Bongo and I have come to terms with our new working relationship. He also stipulated that he wants a star on his big cage in the tech office...I'll see what I can do. Man I love my job!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Will share with you a secret I will. The secret to a Rooster's obediance are in these 4 words.......................................................................................Sage and Onion Stuffing :))