Wednesday, March 23, 2005

It's Springtime for Shannon and Germany

Any time I hear "It's springtime" all I can think of is The Producers....anyway...

So I'm walking to the bus today after a morning matinee full of screaming children. I'm in my all too common black pants, black tank, black hoodie and black jacket...sensing a theme in my work uniform? Anyway, I'm walking downtown and realize I'm hotter than a whorehouse on payday (a line in the play i'm doing right now). I look around and there are people wearing sandals and t-shirts. Now I realize its warm out, but come on...flip flops already?

This made me think about something which I know all Minnesotans will understand. Why is it that as soon as the temp rises above 43 degrees we all think it's summer? I mean, its 45 right now and I'm considering walking out in a t-shirt and no jacket! Yet come September, when it dips down to 47 degrees, we'll all be digging out the wool sweaters and mittens. Its something that's always seemed odd to me.

So, welcome spring! I'm glad its 45 and sunny. Although its supposed to be 33 and snowy tomorrow...god i love Minnesota weather!

No comments: