Monday, July 17, 2006

Blog Neglect

I have neglected my blog. I'm a bad blogger. I feel guilty about it. The lack of writing has been because of a lack of material. I think it's the heat and the boredom of summer. It's been sort of a dull summer for me...especially knowing that time is slowly ticking down to my vacation to California. But, this past weekend I went with Rae to Taylor's Falls with her boy and a great weekend on the lake. Swimming, poking butts with water noodles, drinking, eating, drinking, more swimming (naked)...it was a good time...pictures coming soon (but not of the nakedness).

I would, however, like to take the time to mention a few things I've learned lately, mostly at work.

  • -It’s ok to steal from your co-workers. There have been three separate thefts from the Fields Express (my team) office over the last two weeks. None of my money has been stolen, but I’m still outraged at the fact that the company is doing nothing to catch the person we KNOW is doing this. I don’t bring money to work anymore when “thief girl” is working. The security guys will chase people out of the store who steal an $8.00 clearance item, but they do nothing when over $150.00 has been stolen from the employees.

  • -Weird kid still works at Field’s even though he’s had about 10 “no call no show” days. How is that allowed?

  • -A crazy woman who is employed as a “banquet server” came into work and ranted to me about how our display tables were set improperly. Our cups and saucers ands napkins were in the wrong spot. This clearly warrants rearranging the table immediately (even though she doesn’t work at Field’s) as well as leaving a comment card for the store manger informing him of the atrocity.

  • -Women are disgusting. PAY ATTENTION LADIES. DO NOT LEAVE FITTING ROOMS FULL OF CLOTHES!!! I walked into 3 fitting rooms that were shin deep (NO LIE!) in swim suits. SHIN DEEP!!! Do you know how many swim suits that is??? Pick ‘em up ladies!

  • -When filling out the online job application within the store, it is apparently ok to grab a current employee and ask what the correct answers are to the subjective questions.

  • -And finally….something I noticed at Target.

This is a real product. Great name.

2 comments:

Jean. said...

I'm so glad you blogged and I'm so glad it was about work!

(I love when you talk about work. You have the best work stories. Even if you happened to have a lame work story, the fact that you told it would make it good.)

How's Mary Lou? (Sweet Mary Lou, I'm so in love with you. I knew Mary Lou, we'd never part, so hello, Mary Lou, goodbye heart.) Yeah, pretend I'm singing that like I always do when we talk about Mary Lou.

See you Thursday!

C-Lover said...

I hated working the women's side of the Nike store for that very same reason (even though they would come to the men's side and do the same damn thing). Why do they think it is okay to act like that? It makes me so mad and I don't even work in retail anymore!!!