Monday, March 06, 2006

Weird Kid story #2

I called Marshall Fields this weekend to get the schedule that came out on Friday. ( I went in on Friday to get it but it wasn't done yet which is a whole other annoyance). When I called, I asked to be transferred to men's because there are usually more people in that department than home...So if it was by some miracle busy the men's people would more likely answer. Big mistake....Huge! Weird kid answers. As soon as I heard his voice on the other end I knew that this was going to be a struggle. I knew that getting to him to look in the binder right next to phone and tell me if my name was on the schedule was going to be difficult. Here's how it went:
"Men's, can I help you?"
"Hi Jake it's Shannon O'Brien"
"Uuhhhh...huh?"
"I work with you."
"Oh yeah, hi"
"I was hoping you could tell me my schedule for the next week,"
SILENCE
"You know Jake the one that just came out."
"Which one that just came out?"
"It'll have the dates March 12-18 on it."
"Oh yeah, its out"
SILENCE. For Pete's sake...
"Am I on it?"
"For MArch 12th?"
"Well, I suppose Jake, for March 12th...and the rest of the week."
"Yeah, you're on it."
PAUSE. At this point I'm thinking about hanging up and trying the people in Home.
"When am I on it Jake?"
"You're on it 3 times."
"Could you tell me when those are?"
"Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday."
"Are there any times listed there Jake?"
"Oh yeah......."
Here is when Jake FINALLY gives me my schedule.

I knew it would be a struggle and I was right. Poor Jake. I think he has some processing issues.
That was another story brought to you by Weird Kid!

1 comment:

C-Lover said...

OMG, I burst out laughing reading this imagining your face on the other line! What an idiot!