Thursday, May 18, 2006

Bring on the Summer!

Lets try this again...

I have come to the realization that I have 2 weeks left at the theatre. That's it...2 weeks. I won't be returning to the History Theatre next season and it seems unlikely that I will find a paying position at another theatre. So, I could be done with theatre all together...kind of sad but I'm not thinking of it that way yet. I aslo thought I'd be working on Corleone this summer but it turns out I won't....unless I can get to NYC, find a place to stay for a month, and be willing to work the NY Fringe Festival for free. Nice idea David Mann, but I can't do any of those things.

What I am left with is a theatre-less summer....for the first time in a few years. I'm actually really looking forward to this. There is a VERY good chance that i will be moved to a full time position at Marshall Fields which is slight step up and a slight pay increase. I will make more money this summer than I have in a long time which is great but kinda sad since its just retail. But, considering that the last few summers I've been getting paid $100 a week, anything is an improvement. In fact, there are many other benefits to not working theatre this summer. The theatre schedule is sooo busy during rehearsal (about 10 hours a day) and so strict during performance (every night except Mondays). Given that retail is much more forgiving here is a list of things I'm looking forward to for the summer:

-the store closes at 8:00pm so I will still have my evenings
-the store usually opens at 10:00am so I won't usually have to be at work before 9:15am
-bike rides! Rachel is buying a rack for her car and we will be hitting up bike trails around MN...40 mile Gateway Trail here we come!
-shopping: Jean we both get discounts at good stores...lets use each other! Fields will be clearancing all their store brand to make room for Macy's. I smell bargains!
-working out...gotta get back on that
-Zoo day with Jean and Travis, then Grand Old Creamery
-MMC block party
-Tony Sims Band in the summer
-grilling...though I have to buy a grill...or use Matt's dad's grill which is the size of my house!
-getting a tan...probably while doing yardwork
-time with Matty...camping?
-reading while laying on a blanket
-taking my new i-shuffle everywhere
-I can request time off!
-said time off will be used for...
*a trip to Mankato
*possible road trip with Jean & Lance
*time with Ryan around the 4th
*a weekend of Shakespeare in Winona
*a trip to California in September (i know that's not summer anymore, but i'm still putting it on the list) this trip will include a visit to Disneyland and embarrassing pictures of me with foam suit Disney characters. I miss my California:(

2 more weeks of theatre. Bring on the summer! I got stuff to do!

1 comment:

Jean. said...

Wait a sec...when is the MMC block party? I couldn't find it on the website.

...I love getting drunk outside...