Wednesday, February 09, 2005

The Mother F*&%#@^ Time

Well, I'm very excited today...In the tradition that I've started of working for very goo theatre companies for very little money, I will be working with the Great River Shakespeare Festival again this summer. I was pretty much offered the position and told that if I wanted it, they wanted me. Now if only I heard that in other areas of my life....hmmmm. I'm really excited to be working with them again. As many of you can confirm, I had a great time working with them last season. Its a close knit company, doing great theatre and having a lot of fun. It doesn't pay much, but that's perfectly ok with me...its well worth it. There is some sad news. The man I was convinced I would marry (aka "my future husband") is not in the acting company this season. I'm sure he's far too successful and has found a beautiful woman to make beautiful children with. Oh well...there are still a lot of fun people in the cast...including our former master carpenter turned actor who does a great rendition of "Maniac" with a welding mask on...anyway, on the other news.

Matt, Rae, and I headed down to the MMC for our first ever Tuesday night. The band was
JB and the Routine featuring Jellybean Johnson. I learned a lot. First of all, they had great choreography....being former member of The Time. That's right...the mother fucking Time. O ee o ee o! Jay and Silent Bob love them and so does the MMC! Their dance moves were straight out of a Prince video. And they taught us all some valuable lessons. For instance, men: "Where my dawgs at??? Here's a lesson for my dawgs. Make sure women feel APPRESHATATED." That's right appreshatated. My spelling is approxiamate. Apparently its a new form of the word appreciate. Who knew??? Also...do not try to use reverse PHYSIOLOGY on JB. No sir...he's way too smart to fall for that! Rachel and I also noted a new fashion trend: when attending a concert by a rock/R&B group, it's perfectly acceptable to proudly wear your Yanni Concert Tour T-Shirt and butterfly clips in your hair. If wearing theis, clap loudly off-beat to the music.

All in all, its been a great few days...I got a job (though i lost a future husband) and got to see members of the mother fucking Time!!! And tomorrow is Tony Sims! Could the week get any better???

1 comment:

Jean. said...

Shannon, how dare you make fun of people without me? It sounds like you had a good time last night. Without me. Onto sir Sims tommorrow! Yeah Tony!