Friday, January 20, 2006

Mr. Green Jeans

Mr. Green Jeans is back...and I'm not talking about Captain Kangaroo's sidekick.

Not too many people will understand why I'm writing about Mr. Green Jeans. Let me give you a brief history: Mr. Green Jeans is the nickname of a man who used to (presumebaly still does) attend theatre performances at Winona State. He would always get his ticket early. He always wore green pants and a reddish orange jacket. He also has a toupee...i think...at least I hope its a toupee. At the end of the show while everyone is in the lobby, he would great the actors. If he really like your performance, he would give you some foreign currency. Somewhere I have a bill from Jamaica when he came to see Naked. Ryan do you have yours still? JMo doesn't really remember him.


Well last year I saw this man in the lobby at the history theatre...I couldn't believe it!!! Mr. Green Jeans is following me! I called JMo and told him....he couldn't really remember seeing Mr. Green Jeans at WSU shows recently. But, nonetheless Mr. Green Jeans makes the trip to Saint Paul. Over headset last night, my stage manager told me he was in the audience again...I think he's seen every show since I've been there. The people at the History Theatre call him Weird Pants Guy. He always sits in the front row, same seat. Gets there very early and examines the program, and he leaves quickly too. The box office ladies told me he always pays cash and won't give his name or his address.

So...who is Mr. Green Jeans? Where is he from? What other theatres does he go to? What does he do for work? And were did he get his amazingly green pants? Mr. Green Jeans, you are an enigma.

2 comments:

C-Lover said...

OMG, I totally remember who you are talking about! That guy was soooooo weird! But I don't think he gave me any money...that was something special for you.

I can't believe he has migrated to St. Paul. I think you have a stalker (with sexy pants)!

And way to go on the two post in one day. Sort of makes up of the no posts for a WEEK AND A HALF!

Jean. said...

I think it's obvious what anyone who wears Green Jeans is...

A gift from God! Green jeans! Wow.