Monday, January 31, 2005

jobs galore

Well, this will be short and really just a chance for me to ramble.

After a not so delightful Tony Sims night last week (i gave Tony the evil eye) I came home to find out that I was granted two interviews for graduate/intern positions. Now that may sound great to most people, but not to me...no sir! I had made up my mind that day that I was not going to Chicago the coming weekend since U/RTA had not informed me of any interviews. I figured "sweet...since my lazy and over confident ass sent applications to the two most selective places...LATE, I won't get any interviews." Guess I was wrong...my god given talent came shining through the poorly written letter of intent.

So I have interviews with Urbana Champaign in boring Illinois and PCPA Theatrefest in sunny California. I already know that I won't accept a postion in the grad program at UIUC. No offense to you grad students, but I've come to realize that in my field, its a waste of time...I've been told so by many a stage manager who never went and one who did. So really, that interview is just so I can turn them down if I'm one of the 5 people they accept a year. Take that Illinois!

But...California???? Could be a possibility. Do I want to be there for 3 months this summer? Can a midwest girl take the summer heat? Or do I take a 5-9 month internship starting in August? Plus there's the good old (only 1 year old) Great River Shakespeare Festival in Winona this summer. I love those people! And its close...won't cost me any money (as opposed to Cali where I have to pay for and apartment on a $200-$280 a week stipend!).

So anyway, I'm taking the Amtrak down this Friday (after a Tony Sims night!) for two interviews that I don't really want to do. Well, I suppose that means I won't be nervous...which in turn means I'll probably get offered both positions...just my luck. I thought about doing the interviews naked...there's no way they'd hire a naked girl right???? Then I wouldn't have to make a decision. All right...that's my new plan. Interview naked and instead of my prompt book and resume, I'll bring in a copy of Green Eggs and Ham and stuff my face with Twinkies. Sounds like a good first impression to me!

2 comments:

L-Kapitan said...

Oooooh, I don't think the Green Eggs and Ham thing is a good idea. People love that shit! Oh, wait that's just me. And I do know from personal experience, Dude!

See you Thursday for a much better Toni Simms experience,

L-Kapitan

Shan said...

Since Lance is coming to Tony Sims this week, it's guarenteed to be good! Moonwalking to Billie Jean hear we come!!!!!