Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Heaven in a box

As Jean has mentioned in some of her entries, this title may imply that am a lesbian, but rest assured I am not. Rather, also like Jean, I enjoy a strong fondness for snack foods. Particularly snacky carbohydrates. Well, since Jean introduced the world to Rold Gold pretzels, I feel the need to open your eyes to the newest member of the Triscuit family.

"With a sprig of rosemary, a drop of olive oil...the essence of both" (right from the triscuit website!) Kraft foods introduces Rosemary and Olive Oil Triscuits. Well, when I saw a coupon for $1.00 off in the paper, you better believe I was on board for these new taste sensations! I had no idea that they would be the delicious crackers that now the entire History Theatre is hooked on. I was enjoying my Rosemary and Olive Oil Triscuits at work yesterday with little slices of Colby Jack cheese (highly recommended) and I offered one to a co-worker. She instantly started making the yummy noise and proclaimed that "they taste like Thanksgiving!" I must have looked confused because she clarified that they taste like rosemary stuffing. She was right...after taking another bite , I realized that they do taste a bit like stuffing...so next Thanksgiving, it's Triscuits and gravy for this girl!

This opens up a whole new realm of white trash, Triscuit based hors dourves (I know i spelled it wrong). Jean, you will recall our white trash Iron Chef creation of "shark's head on a Triscuit". Well now we have delightfully seasoned Triscuits to spice up the menu! In fact...especially for all you college kids...Triscuits have a recipe site. Jean, how did we not know about this?!?!?! http://www.nabiscoworld.com/triscuit/tr_recipesmain.htm
Give them a whirl!

Well, now that I feel sufficiently fat after writing a blog about food (the first of many to be sure) I suppose it's time for this fatty to head to work!

3 comments:

Jean. said...

Dearest Shannon,
I regret that I am not with you at this very moment for two reasons:
1) It is 10:20 and you are most likely at Tony Sims.
2) We cannot be sharing a triscuit together.
I nominate that we officially have a triscuit day in which we dedicate hours to creating new triscuit recipes. And then we can send them to the triscuit company and soon publish our own cookbook. White Trash cookbook, that is.

Anonymous said...

My dearest Shannon, have you tried Ranch on these beatiful nuggets of deliciousness? I feel this might be the beginning of a new obsession?

Anonymous said...

Um Shannon, I can't fiqure out this fascination you seem to have with some guitar player. You grew up with percussion around you ALL THE TIME.....and yet, you STILL feel the need to "explore" other instrumentalists. Why Shannon, why? For the love of god why? There MUST be a drummer for you out there somewhere! Hey!! I know....I'll make a few calls.