Monday, March 13, 2006

Updates

The show is open now. Here is the previously mentioned list of things I like:
  • -There is a song called Slant Eyed Bitch. That makes me laugh.
  • -No gun anymore( but now I make a rather realistic gun noise by wailing on a 1x4 with a huge rubber mallet.
  • -The show is only 2 hours long approx.
  • -Some of the music is kinda cool.
  • -Supposedly I’m getting paid more for the added performances.
  • -I don’t have to do any costume changes.
  • -We have a bet going how many times we’ll start on time. So far we’re at zero. Opening night the 16 year old (who may be the death of me) showed up at 4 minutes to curtain. This isn’t necessarily something I like, but it makes me laugh. Sometimes all you can do is smile and shake your head.
Other updates:
  • -I’ve already shoveled 10” of snow today… more on that later I’m sure.
  • -I bartended at the Fitz last night for the 1st time in months…tips were very nice!
  • -I got a whopping .20c raise at Marshall Field’s for being such an outstanding employee.
  • -I talked to my manager about the incident with weird kid. She’s also concerned…luckily he’s still within the 90 day probationary period. Perhaps my days with weird kid are numbered.
  • -Cross your fingers that Corleone will be performed in July. That means I’ll have job and a fun show to stage manage.
  • -It’s still snowing.

1 comment:

C-Lover said...

It sounds like things are going well...kudos!

You didn't return my "Cinnabun Cheesecake" message. I thought you might have died. Good to know that is not the case.