Wednesday, February 22, 2006

I'm Baaack!


I'm back in good old Minnesota. Luckily I missed the ridiculous cold snap here where the high didn't even reach ZERO on some days!!! But I was suffering through southern California's cold snap where the highs were only in the 50's. I was loving it but people were seriously wearing scarves and mittens and parkas!!! I mocked them all.

It was a very relaxing trip. Not as activity filled as last time, which was nice. I got to spend a lot of time cuddling on the couch with Henry and watching movies. I loved it!!! We played some pool, I dominated Henry with my dominoes skills, and I ate some really great "mom made" Japanese food. However, I'm sad to report that I have lost some of my skee ball skills. I definitely didn't bring my "A" game to Cali with me :(

We did manage to get off the couch a few times. We went to the LA Zoo.
Ummm...how adorable!______Sleepy Koala

This ram did sort of an Elvis lip thing.

I'm a Wallaby!

We also went to Universal Studios.


I made friends with a dinosaur.


And saw the plane wreck from War of the Worlds.

Henry also took me to the Corona del Mar Tide Pools.
The water was pretty cold, but I found lots of sea anenomes and crabs.


It was so pretty...kinda didn't want to leave!
Corona del Mar with the tide coming in.

It really was a a great relaxing trip.
Lots of good food, couch cuddling, and sites...can't wait to go back again!

3 comments:

C-Lover said...

Yea...Shannon's Back!

Looks like you had a good time. Call me and give me more details.

Jean. said...

1) Shannon, you look skinny as hell in those pictures.

2) Welcome back to the tundra. I assume I will get more details tonight...over beers and Tony Sims.

Jean. said...

p.s. Dinosaurs are not your friends.