Thursday, February 01, 2007

You Heard It Here First

I got the job! That's right folks, I am furthering my retail career by becoming a Customer Service Team Lead. I wonder if my "office" will still be the closet under the escalator.
But seriously...this is great. It comes with a substantial pay raise (50% increase of what I was making before) so I feel like I will finally be being paid for all the work I've been doing. It's also a great step towards being accepted into the executive training program in June. So yay for a job!!! It will be uncomfortable around there for a few days since I was chosen over some people that have been with the company for a long time, but they simply weren't the best candidate for the job. Luckily I leave for Cali in 3 days and people can settle into the news while I'm gone...and when I get back I start making the big bucks*!



*big bucks is a relative term. Since $12.00 is the most I've ever made (other than bartending) this is the big bucks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! Congrats!

Anskov said...

Congratulations, Shannon!

christina said...

rockin'.